PHIL SANSONE'S ONLINE DRYWALL CONTRACT Copyright 2006
PLEASE read this CAREFULLY and contact me IMMEDIATELY with ANY questions or concerns before printing and signing below. Your work will NOT begin until this contract is printed, signed & dated. Thank you.
THE CONTRACTOR SHALL USE THE FOLLOWING INDUSTRY STANDARDS FOR TAPING PROCEDURES: THREE COATS OF JOINT COMPOUND FOR ALL BEVELED AND "BUTT" JOINTS, SCREW HOLES, AND OUTSIDE CORNERS, AND TWO COATS FOR INSIDE CORNERS. THE INITIAL TAPE COAT SHALL BE CONSIDERED ONE COAT.
ALL DRYWALL WILL BE SPOT GLUED WHENEVER STUDDING IS EXPOSED. SCREWS SHALL BE USED AS THE DOMINANT FASTENER OF THE DRYWALL. ACCESS TO WARM WATER DURING CONSTRUCTION IS REQUIRED.
ONE HALF INCH THICK REGULAR BOARD SHALL BE USED UNLESS SPECIFIED ABOVE OR REQUIRED BY CODE. THE CUSTOMER SHALL ADVISE THE CONTRACTOR OF CODE REQUIREMENTS.
THE CONTRACTOR WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FINAL QUALITY OF WORK PERFORMED IF: 1) THE DRYWALL WAS NOT INSTALLED OR FINISHED BY THE CONTRACTOR AND/OR 2) A TEXTURE (STIPPLE) IS APPLIED OVER ANY SURFACE OTHER THAN BRAND NEW DRYWALL AND/OR 3) 1/4" OR 3/8" DRYWALL IS INSTALLED AND/OR 4) ALL CONDITIONS AND/OR TERMS SET FORTH IN THIS CONTRACT ARE NOT MET BY THE CUSTOMER AND/OR 5) THE DRYWALL IS INSTALLED VERTICALLY.
THE CUSTOMER CERTIFIES THAT: 1) THE WORK TO BE PERFORMED IS A CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT AND NOT A TAXABLE REPAIR, 2) ALL NECESSARY PERMITS HAVE BEEN OBTAINED, AND 3) THEY ARE THE RIGHTFUL OWNER AND/OR LEGAL AGENT OF THE ABOVE ADDRESS.
THE CUSTOMER SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISPOSAL OF ANY SCRAP DRYWALL AND DOES NOT WANT THE SCRAP DRYWALL DISCARDED BY THE CONTRACTOR AT AN ADDITIONAL 10% OF THE COST QUOTED. ALL EXCESS DRYWALL PRODUCTS LEFT ON THE JOB SITE ARE THE SOLE OWNERSHIP OF THE CONTRACTOR. THE PROJECT WILL BE LEFT IN "BROOM CLEAN" CONDITION UPON PROJECT COMPLETION.
PAYMENT SHALL BE AS FOLLOWS: FULL PAYMENT UPON COMPLETION OF THE JOB. 10% OF THE TOTAL COST SHOWN ABOVE WILL BE ADDED IF LAST PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED UPON COMPLETION OF THE PROJECT FOR BILLING. REASONABLE ATTORNEYS FEES WILL ALSO BE ASSESSED FOR COLLECTION. FINAL PAYMENT SHALL CONSTITUTE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.
OUR CONTRACT EXPIRES THIRTY DAYS FROM SIGNING. ANY DEPOSIT IS FORFEITED THEREAFTER IF COMPLETION IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE CONTRACTOR.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CUSTOMER:
There is no negotiation or exceptions to the items listed below, please.
1) After disconnecting the power: remove all plugs, switches, lights, & phone/cable TV outlets, and tuck the STRIPPED wires in the box as far as possible. If NEW wiring has been installed, the exterior sheathing of the wire will be removed so that the STRIPPED wires can be placed as far back in the electrical box as possible. Be sure all boxes/recessed lighting openings extend the stud/rafter by at least 3/8". If light bulbs are necessary for light, the bulbs shall be placed in the highest setting available to avoid the router and/or the stipple brush. Remove all objects on the walls including all moldings, window treatments and nails.
2) Cover any floor area and/or items of concern. Drywall compound will wash off anything easily with warm water. Clear the room completely.
3) ANY REPAIR TO AN EXISTING WALL OR CEILING IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO RENDER UNNOTICEABLE. To correctly repair or patch an area, we STRONGLY recommending replacing the entire wall or ceiling. Textured ceiling are IMPOSSIBLE to repair. Close, yes. Unnoticeable, no.
4) Additional drywall work of any nature, carpentry, electrical, tear-out , or "as long as you're here..." requests will be billed at $50.00 PER MAN, PER HOUR. Removal of EACH plug, switch or lighting fixture is $10.00 per device. Additional nailers are $1.00 per linear foot, YOUR material, $2.50 per linear foot our material. Appliances, furniture or any type of heavy, bulky items will be moved to another room at $20.00 per item. Alterations to the original structure will be charged accordingly.
5) Double check nailers and stud centers to be sure of correct placement (16" needed for walls, 16" or 24" centers needed for ceilings).
6) If you have hung the board yourself, double check the depth of screws/nails. If you did the tear-out, TRIPLE check for nails or other protrusions. Nails/screws will not be adjusted to the proper depth. ADDITIONAL CHARGES WILL OCCUR in the event your fasteners are not installed correctly.
7) Application and overnight temperatures must be above 65 yet under 80 degrees for proper drying of the drywall compound. The use of fans and/or dehumidifiers help greatly in the reducing drying time.
8) Drywall will only be as straight as the framing. Check for warped, twisted or bowed studs and repair as needed. We are not responsible for the straightness or quality of YOUR studs and/or craftsmanship.
9) Screw holes around door or window openings and along the floor plate (areas that usually are covered with molding) will NOT be finished.
10) Wherever possible, the drywall will be installed 1/2" off the floor per industry standards to allow proper space for flooring.
11) The price quoted is based on STANDARD, EVERYDAY, NORMAL building practices. Your inventions are NOT part of the price quoted. Installing baseboard molding and window and door trim is implied. Notify us BEFORE WE START otherwise.
12) Tape-off, then stuff all heat runs and cold air returns with newspaper and/or rags to avoid dust getting into them.
13) We will place all scrap drywall in an area designated by the customer. Please provide us with empty trash containers for scraps and general clean up.
14) Customer will check for, and vacuum off the drywall if needed, all cob webs and other debris prior to the finishing process.
15) Customer will keep area clear of people, pets and any item that may touch wet drywall compound. Disturbed wet compound will be addressed as a repair and will be the customer's option to repair said damage.
16) Customer is to remove doors and hinges inside room(S) being done near any corners.
17) Customer will inspect the first day of both the hanging and finishing processes for problems. There will be a $50.00 per man, per hour charge for any changes requested after the first day of each process.
18) Minor touch-ups and sanding WILL need to be done by the painter. This is a VERY COMMON practice and should be acknowledged and expected both by the customer and by the painter. Surfaces that have been sanded will need to be wiped down BY THE PAINTER before painting.
19) All plumbing fixtures and shut off's shall be removed so that the rough plumbing (stubs) ONLY are exposed.
Thank You for taking the time to read this. Your understanding and co-operation is GREATLY appreciated!
I understand and agree to the terms and conditions above. Sign and date the bottom of this page, please. The price will
be:_________________________to do the following work: